Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day

Several years ago back in 2008 on Mother's Day I took a pregnancy test and found I out that I was expecting. It was litterally the happiest and scariest day of my life. Well until Sebastian actually arrived. Which he did a splendid job of coming into this world January 10, 2009.




That was the first year i actually celebrated Mother's Day. My son decided to tell his daddy at the age of 4 months old that he wanted to give me a picture of himself and his hand print in casting. Which was delivered to me at work where i cried and cried.




In 2010 i got to celebrate my second year of being a mother. Which was just as amazing as the first. My son decided that he would get me flowers that could never wilt or fade. They are wooden and still amazingly beautiful. He also got me a potted rose plant.




This year 2011 my son got me a mug that he designed himself its very cute!! From my husband i got an amazing book that was part of a series i love. And the two little girls inside me got me some pink roses.




Out of these three mother's day celebrations i have to say that what i enjoyed the most where the days in between. The breastfeeding the first several months. The watching my son learn to crawl and then walk and then talk. Being with my husband as we watched our son grow. He may only be two but a lot of things can happen in two years. I remember the teeth when they started coming in the first time he had a fever and of course his first boo boo. These are the things i enjoy and cherish.




I love my son and my husband for making me feel like one of the best mothers in the world. I am also so glad that i get to experience these things all over again with twin girls.






My favorite saying used to be "try try try again" it changed when i had my son.




While in the operating room ( due to a c-section ) after hearing him cry for the first time i told my husband "Im a mommy" this statement has never been so true as it is today. Am I also a million other things to other people? Of course but first and for most i am a mother and wife. I hope and pray that all mothers out there truly know and understand how special you are to have the kids that you do. But keep in mind that you can make ANY DAY a mothers day by simply thinking back on the day you gave birth. I do this several times a year and break out the video of sebastian after he was born and while i was in recovery. It was the hardest hour of my life and every time i watch it i cry.


Here is a link to the video please watch and enjoy http://youtu.be/AqxMZx0uRoQ


And although i enjoy the video very much i am scared as all get out with the twins because i know for the first hour of their life i will be recovering from surgery but i know we will have our handy camera there with us and i really wont need to worry.






So to all you mothers out there Happy Mother's Day. I hope that today you were able to reflect on your childrens lives and know that no matter what they love and cherish you just as much as you cherish them.

2 comments:

  1. you're amazing :) I'm about to watch the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!!! You are an amazing person as well!!!! I love you!! I am also very glad that you had a GREAT mothers day!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a comment it always makes me feel special and lets me know i actually have readers.