Saturday, April 9, 2016

What the future may hold

At heart I am a true procrastinator.

I have many ideas for projects that I start but never finish. Always thinking that I will get to them all, until there are so many that I simply give up and trash them all. What will my future hold if I continue down this path.

The first of my projects is my crocheting, I love to crochet. It is a wonderful outlet for me. I simply pull out my shiny crochet hook and some yarn and start stitching away.

 I love creating blankets and hats for friends and family. I have even started an Etsy shop as well. Although there are times when i put the hook down for weeks sometimes months I always resume the project I was working on, that is the good thing about this project. It is easy and simply to just put the yarn and hook away and have the item I am working on paused until I am ready to finish them.

Second would be my photography. I love taking pictures. I love capturing the laughter, smiles, natural moments. Those between a loving husband doting on his wife. Those of a mother with her beautiful children. I simply enjoy taking pictures. Normally I enjoy photographing people but occasionally I will take nature photos as well. Although I haven't done that for some time now. Recently I dabbled in taking a picture of my own family.
 To be Honest I am not a fan of a full body picture of myself. But i really think the was a great family picture.
Then I took pictures of my children as well. I don't think i ever really edited nor did i really post or print these. But i do plan on doing that at some point. I don't like paying for school photos so this is one of Sebastian in December of 2015, He was six in this picture but turned 7 shortly after.

Teagan. I am honestly determined to make models of my children. If they would let me do their hair every day i would photograph them beyond belief. 


And then I get tired of doing edits and taking pictures and will then move on to something else. The pictures i have posted were meant to be edited and posted to my facebook but yet they remain on my computer. 

Then i decided i wanted to write. I have always had a passion for writing. I remember when i was in high school i wrote a delightful poem which was then published. Although i don't remember the darn thing nor do i have it.....grrr...


I have started a book. After drinking a glass of wine one night  and while listening to some euphoric inducing music. I scribbled 5 pages worth which i didn't remember writing to begin with, yes it was just one glass of wine. The next day i read what i wrote and was astonished at how good it was. I was also scared.

Scared of what? What am i so afraid of? Why not drink another glass of wine relax a little and let the words flow from my mind down my neck, over my shoulder, through my arm and out my fingers. 

I think what is holding me back is the fear of failure. Of not being good enough. But I will take this as the first step to conquering my procrastination. I have been meaning to write a blog post for a couple of days but had no clue what i wanted to say. And although it is late at night right now and i know there are probably a million grammar errors. I will still post this and I will still say thank you for reading. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment it always makes me feel special and lets me know i actually have readers.