Monday, July 5, 2010

Bummed

Today I had to cancel something that I really didn't want to, my cake tasting. I had been looking forward to doing this for sometime and had just got the courage to do it. I love baking its a passion of mine that I'm actually good at. So i have been baking and making cakes for several months and selling them. After selling my first one I thought goodness this would be a great business. So I started up a Facebook and started posting pics of the cakes I have done. I even went out and started buying all the things you need to make cakes.

So while making my cakes, on the side, a friend asked us to host a Pampered Chef party. I thought "wow this would be a great time to do the cake tasting". So I scheduled the Pampered Chef party and then the Cake Tasting to be right after. I did all the invites and did an event on Facebook to invite everyone and to set up a reminder as well. When ever you set up an event it asks people to respond to it with either Yes- Attendening Maybe-Unsure Declined-Not Attending. Well I got sooooo many more Maybes and so decided I couldn't possibly have the Cake Tasting on the HOPE that someone would show up so I cancelled it. I'm just happy that I didn't make the cake I was gonna give away. Other wise we would have had a big cake for our family to eat. I'm not gonna give up though I'm still gonna bake and try and sell all my goodies but its just hard to get people to buy stuff number one in this economy and number two during the summer months trying to get people to buy cookies and cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for leaving a comment it always makes me feel special and lets me know i actually have readers.